Grilled Banana Sundaes
large firm bananas
tablespoon margarine or butter
teaspoons lime juice or orange juice
cup caramel ice-cream topping
teaspoon ground cinnamon
pint vanilla ice cream
Toasted coconut (optional)
Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise. (You should have 12 pieces.) Stir together margarine or butter and 1 teaspoon of the lime or orange juice. Brush mixture on all sides of banana pieces.
- Place bananas directly on the grill rack over medium-hot coals. Grill, uncovered, for 2 minutes; turn over and grill for 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy, medium skillet or saucepan combine the caramel topping and the remaining 1 teaspoon lime or orange juice. Heat on the grill rack alongside bananas directly over the coals, or on a stovetop, until bubbly, stirring frequently. Stir in cinnamon. Add bananas and stir gently to coat.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into 4 dessert dishes. Spoon sauce and bananas atop ice cream. Sprinkle with the coconut and/or almonds, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Banana Sundaes)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 70 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet