Fat-free Watermelon Sherbet
cups cubed, seeded watermelon
envelope unflavored gelatin
cup cranberry juice cocktail
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (There should be 3 cups of the mixture.) Stir in sugar.
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and cranberry juice cocktail. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed or until mixture is fluffy.
- Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Pack in airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts(Fat-free Watermelon Sherbet)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal cal.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet