Double Melon Bowls
cups cubed seeded watermelon
medium cantaloupe (about 3 pounds), halved and seeded
quart vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream, softened
Sea salt or kosher salt (optional)
- Place watermelon cubes in single layer on tray or in a shallow baking pan; freeze for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Transfer to freezer bag or container until needed.
- With a large spoon, remove flesh from cantaloupe, leaving 1/4-inch shell; set fruit aside. Cut thin slice from bottom of each shell so shell sits flat. Place shells, upside down, on a paper towel-lined tray; set aside.
- Place cantaloupe fruit in food processor or blender; cover and blend or process until smooth. Place fruit mixture in a fine mesh sieve set over bowl. Let stand 5 minutes to remove excess liquid; discard liquid. You should have about 1 cup pulp.
- In a large bowl gently fold pulp into softened frozen yogurt until just combined. Divide the frozen yogurt mixture evenly between cantaloupe shells. Place shells on a baking sheet or tray. Cover and freeze overnight until very firm.
- Before serving, let shells stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes to soften slightly. Top with watermelon cubes; sprinkle watermelon lightly with sea salt, if desired. Scoop into serving bowls. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Double Melon Bowls)
- Per serving:
- 188 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 59 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet