Delicious Fat-Free Watermelon Sherbet
cups cubed, seeded watermelon
cup cranberry juice
envelope unflavored gelatin
Watermelon wedges (option)
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (You should have about 3 cups of watermelon mixture.) Stir in sugar.
- In a small saucepan combine the cranberry juice and gelatin. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
- Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until mixture is fluffy. Return to pan. Cover and freeze about 1 to 2 hours more or until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping. Serve with watermelon wedges, if desired. Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts(Delicious Fat-Free Watermelon Sherbet)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal cal.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet