- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Watermelon wedges (option)
1. Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (You should have about 3 cups of watermelon mixture.) Stir in sugar.
2. In a small saucepan combine the cranberry juice and gelatin. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze about 3 hours or until firm.
4. Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until mixture is fluffy. Return to pan. Cover and freeze about 1 to 2 hours more or until firm.
5. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping. Serve with watermelon wedges, if desired. Makes 8 (1/2 cup) servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 83,
- carb. (g) 20,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 3,
- Fruit () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet