Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
Having homemade ice cream ready and available is simple. Aficionados choose an electric ice cream maker that uses ice and rock salt to freeze the milk and cream mixture.
- Yields: about 1 quart ice cream (about 4 cups)
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- In canister container for an 4-quart ice cream freezer, combine sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in cream, milk, vanilla, and salt. Whisk thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Place lid over ice cream freezer container. Place container in bucket. Attach motor piece to lid and sides of bucket according to manufacturers directions. Pack 6 cups of ice around the container. Sprinkle ice with 1 cup rock salt. Repeat packing with 6 cups ice and sprinkling with 1 cup rock salt until bucket is filled to the top of the container. Plug in electric ice cream maker. When motor comes to a stop, unplug immediately. Stir in toffee pieces.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer to harden ice cream; use within 1 week. Makes about 1 quart ice cream (about 4 cups).
In a large mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Stir in 1 cup whipping cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a dash of salt. Whisk thoroughly until sugar is dissolved. Freeze according to manufacturers directions. When finished, stir in 1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces. Makes about 2-1/3 cups ice cream.
- Per serving:
- 448 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 92 mg chol.,
- 165 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 40 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet