- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or flavoring
- 3 cups peppermint stick ice cream
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a medium saucepan combine water, butter, and salt. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Beat in peppermint extract.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for 25 minutes (keep remaining dough covered while the first batch bakes). Cool.
3. Cut tops from puffs; remove soft dough from inside. Fill each with ice cream. Replace tops. Place in the freezer to firm, about 15 minutes.
4. In a small heavy saucepan, melt bittersweet chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon of the shortening over low heat. Cool slightly. Place melted chocolate in a small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip off a tiny corner. Drizzle chocolate over puffs. Return puffs to freezer and freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate sets. In another small saucepan melt white chocolate and remaining shortening over low heat; cool slightly. Place in a small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip off a tiny corner. Drizzle over the puffs. Return puffs to freezer and freeze until serving time. Makes 48 mini desserts.
- Once chocolate sets, transfer to freezer container. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Servings Per Recipe 48,
- cal. (kcal) 65,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 27,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 6,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 42,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet