- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 recipe Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce (see recipe below)
- Chocolate-covered or plain peanuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press crust mixture onto the bottom and 1 to 2 inches up the side of a 9x3-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Freeze for 30 minutes.
2. Let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir vanilla ice cream just enough to soften. Spoon softened ice cream into frozen crust, spreading ice cream evenly. Sprinkle with the 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
3. Let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir chocolate ice cream just enough to soften. Spoon softened chocolate ice cream on top of chocolate-covered peanut layer, spreading ice cream evenly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
4. Using a thin metal spatula, loosen crust from side of pan; remove side of pan. Let ice cream cake stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly.
5. To serve, cut the ice cream cake into wedges and top with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate-covered peanuts. Makes 12 servings.
- Prepare ice cream cake as directed. Wrap in moistureproof and vaporproof wrap and freeze for up to 1 week. Loosen cake from pan and remove side of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into wedges and serve as directed.
- 1 12 ounce jar fudge ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1. In a small saucepan, combine ice cream topping and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 596,
- Fat, total (g) 35,
- chol. (mg) 86,
- sat. fat (g) 17,
- carb. (g) 66,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 10,
- vit. A (IU) 729,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 368,
- calcium (mg) 172,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet