- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 cups pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup champagne
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine cherries and 1 cup of the water. Cover and blend or process until pureed. Strain cherry mixture through a sieve, discarding pulp.
2. In a bowl combine strained cherry mixture, remaining water, sugar, champagne, and lemon peel, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until almost firm. Break the frozen mixture into chunks.
3. Transfer chunks to a large, chilled mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth but not melted. Return quickly to the cold pan. Cover and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or until sorbet is firm. Makes 10 servings.
- Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 143,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 32,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet