- Makes: 14 servings
- Serving Size: 4 ounce
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs 30 mins to 4 hrs (Low)
Hot Scarlet Wine Punch
inches stick cinnamon, broken into 1-inch pieces
32 ounce bottle cranberry juice (4 cups)
cup packed brown sugar
750 milliliter bottle white Zinfandel or dry white wine
Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks (optional)
- For spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of cheesecloth square. Bring up corners of cheesecloth and tie closed with clean 100%-cotton kitchen string.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine spice bag, cranberry juice, and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove spice bag.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir wine into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, serve with Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks.
From the Test Kitchen
Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks:
Break or crush cinnamon sticks into long, thin pieces. Thread fresh cranberries onto the cinnamon pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Hot Scarlet Wine Punch)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 6 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 15 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet