- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 inches stick cinnamon, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 32 ounce bottle cranberry juice (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 750 milliliter bottle white Zinfandel or dry white wine
- Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks (optional)
1. For spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of cheesecloth square. Bring up corners of cheesecloth and tie closed with clean 100%-cotton kitchen string.
2. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine spice bag, cranberry juice, and brown sugar.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove spice bag.
4. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir wine into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
5. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
6. If desired, serve with Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks.
- Break or crush cinnamon sticks into long, thin pieces. Thread fresh cranberries onto the cinnamon pieces.
- Servings Per Recipe 14,
- cal. (kcal) 99,
- carb. (g) 16,
- sugar (g) 15,
- vit. C (mg) 25,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 6,
- Potassium (mg) 84,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet