- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups half-and-half, light cream, or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Tiny marshmallows (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan combine sugar and cocoa powder. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of the half-and-half. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until mixture comes to boiling.
2. Gradually whisk in the remaining 3 cups half-and-half. Heat through but do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Preheat a 1-quart insulated bottle; pour cocoa into bottle.
3. Tote cocoa in the insulated bottle. Serve cocoa in cups. If desired, top with marshmallows.
- 1-quart insulated bottle
- Prepare as directed, except stir 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon into the sugar mixture. Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with the vanilla.
- Prepare as directed, except stir 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals into the sugar mixture.
- Prepare as directed, except add 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur with the vanilla.
- Prepare as directed, except add 1/4 cup peppermint schnapps or 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract with the vanilla.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 456,
- Fat, total (g) 29,
- chol. (mg) 89,
- sat. fat (g) 17,
- carb. (g) 37,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 14,
- sodium (mg) 98,
- Potassium (mg) 314,
- calcium (mg) 333,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet