Honey-Soaked Quinoa Salad with Cherries & Cashews
- For Honey Vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together ginger, honey, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly, until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For Quinoa Salad, in a medium saucepan combine water, quinoa, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. In a large bowl toss quinoa with cashews, apricots, cherries, and onion. Add lettuce, then drizzle with 1/2 cup of the Honey Vinaigrette. If necessary, season to taste with salt and pepper; toss again. Pass remaining vinaigrette. Refrigerate any remaining vinaigrette up to 5 days.
From the Test Kitchen
Substitute 1-1/4 cups water and 3/4 cup couscous for the quinoa. In a small saucepan bring the water and salt to boiling. Add couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Add to salad with fruit.
Israeli Couscous Variation
In place of the quinoa, cook 2/3 cup Israeli (large pearl) couscous according to package directions.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Soaked Quinoa Salad with Cherries & Cashews )
- Per serving:
- 372 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 230 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.