- Makes: 18 servings
- Serving Size: 1 roll each
- Prep: 45 mins
- Rise: 1 hr 30 mins
- Stand: 10 mins
package active dry yeast
cup fat-free milk
cup tub-style vegetable oil spread
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg
cup yellow cornmeal
tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
Nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir the milk, vegetable oil spread, honey, and salt just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F); add to flour mixture along with egg. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornmeal, rosemary, and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Divide each dough half into nine portions. Roll each portion into a 6-inch-long rope. Tie each rope loosely in a knot. Place knots 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheets. Cool slightly on wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Rosemary Bowknots)
- Per serving:
- 144 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 95 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBread Recipes