- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/3 cup powdered sugar, honey, the water, and vanilla. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in flour, cornstarch, and salt until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 10-inch roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 3 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes.
- Place 2 cups powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add warm cookies, a few at a time, tossing gently to coat. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 2, except freeze rolls for up to 2 months. To bake, thaw rolls slightly. Continue as directed in Step 3.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Honey Coins)
- Per serving:
- 165 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 120 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet