Honey-Balsamic Beef Stir-Fry
- Trim fat from beef. Wrap beef and freeze about 30 minutes or until partially frozen. Thinly slice partially frozen beef across the grain into bite-size strips.
- For sauce, in a small bowl whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a very large skillet stir-fry ginger in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat for 15 seconds. Add sweet peppers and onion; stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add bok choy; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the skillet.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; add beef to skillet. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is brown. Push the beef from the center of the skillet. Stir sauce until well combined. Add the sauce to the center of the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return the cooked vegetables to the skillet. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- To serve, divide rice among four plates. Spoon beef mixture over rice. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
Fast Honey-Balsamic Beef Stir-Fry:
Prepare as above, except replace beef steak with one 12-ounce package beef stir-fry strips and replace sweet peppers, onion, and bok choy with one 16-ounce package frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables. Add frozen stir-fry vegetables in place of the sweet peppers and onion. Cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet, draining any excess liquid. Continue as directed in Step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Balsamic Beef Stir-Fry )
- Per serving:
- 424 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 42 mg chol. ,
- 713 mg sodium ,
- 51 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 21 g pro.