- Makes: 128 servings
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Yields: 8 half-pints
- Prep: 30 mins
- Process: 10 mins
Honey and Thyme Blackberry Jam
pounds blackberries (9 1/2 to 10 cups)
1 3/4 ounce package powdered fruit pectin for low-sugar recipes or 3 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin for low- or no-sugar recipes
tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- In a 4- to 6-quart heavy pot crush 1 cup of the blackberries with a potato masher. Continue adding berries and crushing until you have 6 cups crushed berries. Stir in pectin and sugar. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in honey. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon. Stir in thyme.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 10 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 8 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts (Honey and Thyme Blackberry Jam)
- Per serving:
- 22 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 0 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesFruit Salad Recipes