Homemade Graham Crackers
- In a small bowl whisk together milk, honey, and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined. If necessary, knead dough gently to form a ball. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, working with one portion of dough at a time, roll each portion to a 10-inch square. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut each square into sixteen 2 1/2-inch squares. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Poke tops of cutouts with tines of fork.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer crackers between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Homemade Graham Crackers)
- Per serving:
- 49 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 50 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Cate Dennis 1022 Days Ago
At the top where you post the picture of the homemade graham crackers, you list the bake time as 8 HOURS.