- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 35 mins to 40 mins 375°
- Cool: 30 mins
Holiday Cobbler with Cinnamon Ice Cream
cup dried tart red cherries
cup granulated sugar
pounds large plums, pitted and cut into bite-size chunks and/or medium pears, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
cup regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
tablespoons packed brown sugar
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon cream of tartar
cup milk plus additional for brushing
Purchased cinnamon ice cream
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet or other oven-going skillet combine cranberries, cherries, and water. Stir in sugar and the 3 Tbsp. flour. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly. Stir in plums; cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add cup milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until mixture is moistened. Gently fold and press dough against the side of the bowl until it comes together. If the dough sticks to the side of the bowl, sprinkle with a little additional flour.
- Lightly flatten small portions of dough with your hands; lay atop filling in skillet. Brush dough lightly with milk; sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. (If necessary, cover top loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning.) Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with cinnamon ice cream.
Nutrition Facts (Holiday Cobbler with Cinnamon Ice Cream)
- Per serving:
- 526 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 358 mg sodium,
- 85 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 52 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet