- Makes: 22 servings
- Yields: 22 to 24 bars
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 25 mins to 30 mins 350°F
Holiday 7-Layer Bars
cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 21)
cup butter, melted
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
cups white baking pieces
cup flaked coconut
cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
cup chopped walnuts
cup diced candied orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease the foil; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and the orange peel. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the white baking pieces, coconut, cranberries, walnuts, and candied orange peel over the condensed milk. Lightly press the layers into the condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are light brown. Use a sharp knife to loosen the edges of the bars from the pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Holiday 7-Layer Bars)
- Per serving:
- 301 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 16 mg chol.,
- 131 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet