Hearty Vegetable Beef Stew
Nonstick cooking spray
pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
ounces tiny new potatoes, quartered
medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
medium onion, cut into wedges
10 3/4 ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
cup lower-sodium beef broth
cups frozen cut green beans
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef cubes. Cook and stir until brown; remove from skillet. Add remaining beef cubes; cook and stir until brown. Drain off fat.
- Place meat in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, cream of mushroom soup, broth, and marjoram. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in green beans. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or just until beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts(Hearty Vegetable Beef Stew)
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 92 mg chol.,
- 396 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet