- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups shredded kale (thick stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 19 ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or cooked ham, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook kale in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well in a colander.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
3. In a large bowl combine cooked kale, onion mixture, beans, tomatoes, prosciutto, 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, the sage, garlic, and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle over bean mixture.
4. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 353,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 20,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 53,
- fiber (g) 14,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 1560,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet