Hearty Tuscan Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook kale in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl combine cooked kale, onion mixture, beans, tomatoes, prosciutto, 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, the sage, garlic, and pepper. Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl combine the remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle over bean mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Hearty Tuscan Bean Casserole )
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 1560 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 14 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
smith_jm 94 Days Ago
A waste of good beans. Thank goodness I made it as a side dish rather than a main, so we had something else to eat. Otherwise, we'd have been ordering a pizza. Nobody took more than a bite. Extremely bland and oddly vegetal tasting--and we like kale a lot.
Adriana Lascu- Rocco 1619 Days Ago
Made this dish and is very good. There is no pasta as the title says ...bean casserole. the only adjustment I made is I used 1 can of white beans and used 2x the kale just as a personal preference. the flavors are spot on.
Linda Bond 1634 Days Ago
The picture and description indicates that this is a "baked pasta dish", however there is no pasta on the ingredient list. How much pasta is needed? Looks great and would like to try it. Thanks! Linda