- Makes: 8 servings
- Yields: Makes 8 side-dish servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 19 mins
Hearty Garlic and Snap Pea Soup
cloves garlic or 1 to 2 bulbs spring garlic, chopped
tablespoons olive oil
cup chopped onion
pound Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
14 1/2 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
medium fennel bulb, thinly slivered (fronds reserved)
cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoon fresh snipped fennel fronds
Plain yogurt (optional)
Olive oil (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook garlic in the 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add onion and cook until tender. Add potatoes, chicken broth, and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add slivered fennel and peas. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Top each serving with fennel fronds. If desired, spoon yogurt onto each serving and drizzle with additional olive oil.
Nutrition Facts (Hearty Garlic and Snap Pea Soup)
- Per serving:
- 102 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 404 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet