Hearty Breakfast Biscuit Stacks
- Prepare Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Cover gravy and set aside until ready to use. Cook bacon until crisp and prepare Fried Eggs; keep warm.
- In a deep-fat frier or large deep saucepan heat about 1 inch of oil to 365 degrees F. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish stir together flour, garlic salt, and pepper. Pour buttermilk into another shallow dish. Dip chicken into flour mixture, turning to coat. Dip into the buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off. Dip again into flour mixture, turning to coat. Fry chicken, half at a time, in hot oil about 5 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble, ladle 1/4 cup of the gravy onto a serving plate. Split a biscuit and place the bottom half on the gravy. Top with a fried chicken piece, two slices of bacon, and another 1/4 cup gravy. Add a Fried Egg to the stack; top with the biscuit top. Repeat with the remaining biscuits, gravy, chicken pieces, bacon, and Fried Eggs. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 3/4 cup sour milk, place 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 3/4 cup total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Hearty Breakfast Biscuit Stacks)
- Per serving:
- 1299 kcal cal.,
- 81 g fat
- (32 g sat. fat,
- 14 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 28 g monounsatured fat),
- 390 mg chol.,
- 2514 mg sodium,
- 84 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 56 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Janel Thurber 1417 Days Ago
Where are the recipes for the biscuits and gravy??