- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Grate potatoes using food processor fitted with a shredding disk or with a box grater. In large bowl, combine the potatoes with enough cold water to cover and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and then layer them between kitchen towels and squeeze to remove any excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the potatoes, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Gather a handful of potatoes and place on baking sheet in a mound. With your hands form an oval half-dome. With a spatula press a 1-inch crevice down the center of the oval lengthwise to define the two lobes of the "brain." Make three more brains. Brush tops and sides of brains with Country Crock® Spread.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.
From the Test Kitchen
Pairing scrambled egg whites with Hashbrains is a smart way to start the day! Use Country Crock® Spread for extra fluffy eggs!
Nutrition Facts (Hashbrains)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 45 mg chol.,
- 270 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet