Hamburger Cheese Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a medium bowl stir together the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, and sweet pepper until combined.
- Spread half of the noodles in the prepared baking dish. Top with about half of the meat mixture, then all of the cottage cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Top with the remaining noodles and remaining meat mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with parsley, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare casserole as directed through Step 3. Cover unbaked casserole with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Remove plastic wrap and cover loosely with foil. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Hamburger Cheese Bake)
- Per serving:
- 311 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 77 mg chol.,
- 551 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet