- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine cheese and garlic powder; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheet. Roll pastry into a 14x12-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle in half crosswise to make two 12x7-inch rectangles. In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Brush pastry rectangles lightly with egg mixture.
3. Sprinkle one of the pastry rectangles with cheese mixture. Place second pastry rectangle, brushed side down, on top of cheese mixture. Using your fingers, press rectangles together firmly, forcing out air pockets and sealing edges. Brush top with egg mixture.
4. Using a pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut pastry stack crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Holding both ends, twist each strip twice. Place strips 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets, pressing ends down. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- Prepare as directed. Place cooled straws in a single layer in an airtight container. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen straws on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm and crisp.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 111,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 336,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet