Grilled Vegetable and Mozzarella Ensalada
- Place tomatoes, zucchini, sweet pepper, and onion in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour Pear-Infused Balsamic Vinaigrette over vegetables in bag; seal bag. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain vegetables, reserving vinaigrette. For a charcoal grill, grill vegetables on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill sweet pepper and onion for 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once. Grill zucchini for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once. Grill tomatoes, skin sides down, about 5 minutes or until soft and skins begin to char. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place vegetables on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Transfer vegetables to a cutting board; cool slightly.
- Brush baguette slices lightly with oil. Grill directly over heat about 2 minutes or until light brown and crisp, turning once.
- In an extra large bowl combine salad greens and basil. Add reserved vinaigrette; toss to coat. Arrange greens on a large platter. Cut grilled zucchini and sweet peppers into bite-size pieces. Arrange grilled vegetables and the cheese on top of greens. Sprinkle with snipped fresh basil, if desired. Serve with grilled baguette slices.
Pear Infused Balsamic Vinagrette
- In a screw-top jar combine pear-infused white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Vegetable and Mozzarella Ensalada)
- Per serving:
- 422 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 720 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet