Grilled S'mores Cake with Easy Chocolate Sauce
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips, heavy cream, and, if desired, coffee liqueur. Heat the mixture in microwave on high (100% power) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Brush pound cake slices with melted butter. For a charcoal or gas grill, grill cake slices on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and heated through, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Skewer 3 marshmallows on each of four 12-inch wooden skewers. For a charcoal or gas grill, toast marshmallows just above rack directly over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, turning as needed to soften marshmallows and brown all sides (toast one skewer in each hand at a time or enlist help).
- Serve grilled cake slices with chocolate sauce, crumbled graham crackers, and marshmallows on top.
From the Test Kitchen
Caramel Sauce Option
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir unwrapped vanilla caramels and whipping cream over low heat until smooth.
- Serve on top of cake with marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers instead of chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled S'mores Cake with Easy Chocolate Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 362 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 86 mg chol.,
- 179 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 33 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet