Grilled Shrimp with Ginger Wasabi Soup Shooters
teaspoons canola oil
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
cup instant brown rice
cups fresh baby spinach leaves
tablespoons rice vinegar
tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoons wasabi paste
large fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined (6 to 8 ounces total)
teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- For soup, in a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger and garlic; cook for 30 seconds more. Add water, edamame, and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until edamame and rice are very tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, vinegar, soy sauce, wasabi paste, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until very smooth. Transfer soup to a bowl; cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Coat an unheated nonstick grill pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through cooking. Transfer shrimp to an airtight container. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, stir soup. Ladle chilled soup into twelve 3- to 5-ounce small decorative glasses or cups. Top each serving of soup with a grilled shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Shrimp with Ginger Wasabi Soup Shooters)
- Per serving:
- 51 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 232 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet