- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 pound large fresh or frozen shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red and/or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 1 pound loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Thread shrimp onto six 12-inch wooden skewers.* Brush shrimp with about 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
2. For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
3. Brush sweet peppers and zucchini with oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
4. Brush bread slices and tomatoes with some of the reserved oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are softened, turning once halfway through grilling.
5. Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to a very large bowl. Cut sweet peppers, zucchini, and bread into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Drizzle with any remaining oil mixture. If desired, add basil, parsley, and olives; toss to combine.
6. Serve salad immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 331,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 88,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 29,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 12,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
- Trans fatty acid (g) 0,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 14,
- vit. A (IU) 1409,
- vit. C (mg) 62,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 44,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 761,
- Potassium (mg) 347,
- calcium (mg) 71,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet