Grilled Shrimp Panzanella
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Thread shrimp onto six 12-inch wooden skewers.* Brush shrimp with about 3 tablespoons of the oil mixture, reserving the remaining mixture.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Brush sweet peppers and zucchini with oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 8 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Brush bread slices and tomatoes with some of the reserved oil mixture. Add to grill. Cover and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and tomatoes are softened, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Remove shrimp from skewers and transfer to a very large bowl. Cut sweet peppers, zucchini, and bread into 1-inch pieces; add to bowl. Drizzle with any remaining oil mixture. If desired, add basil, parsley, and olives; toss to combine.
- Serve salad immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Shrimp Panzanella)
- Per serving:
- 331 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 88 mg chol.,
- 761 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet