Upload your photo here.
Grilled Pork Chops with Bacon and Tomato
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Spread both sides lightly with 2 to 3 Tbsp. Quick Bacon Jam.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 7 minutes. Turn and grill 7 to 9 minutes more or until done (145 degrees F), adding tomato slices the last 3 minutes of grilling, turning once.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook for 1 to 2 minutes until tender. Add kale and the water; cook and stir 2 minutes until bright green and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon Quick Bacon Jam over chops and serve with kale and tomatoes.
From the Test Kitchen
Make the bacon jam first-this is a "quick jam" vs. traditional kind, it takes 20-25 minutes. And it is incredibly good. I couldn't stop eating it!
The baby kale works well with this recipe because it is tender like mesclun yet still holds up when sauteing.
Quick Bacon Jam
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Cool bacon and chop into small pieces. In drippings cook onion and garlic over medium heat until tender but not brown. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice, and ginger. Heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until it becomes a syrup like consistency. Remove from heat. Fold in chopped bacon and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Pork Chops with Bacon and Tomato)
- Per serving:
- 601 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 116 mg chol.,
- 540 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet