Grilled Peach Cobbler
medium fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced, or 5 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
cup granulated sugar
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
cup caramel ice cream topping
cup coarsely crushed pretzels (about 3 ounces)
cup packed brown sugar
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a large bowl combine peaches, granulated sugar, lemon juice, tapioca, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Place half of the peach mixture in a 2-quart disposable foil pan. Drizzle the 1/3 cup caramel topping over the peaches in pan. Top with remaining peach mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- For topping, in a medium bowl stir together crushed pretzels, brown sugar, and flour. Using your fingers, work in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place foil pan on grill rack over pan. Cover and grill for 30 minutes. Uncover foil pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over peach mixture. Cover grill; cook for 10 to 15 minutes more or until mixture is bubbly and topping is light brown. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place foil pan on grill rack over the burner that is turned off. Grill as directed.)
- Remove foil pan from grill. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. If desired, drizzle cobbler with additional caramel ice cream topping and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Peach Cobbler )
- Per serving:
- 441 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 432 mg sodium,
- 86 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 66 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet