Grilled Onion Flatbread with Bacon and Arugula
small red onions
tablespoon olive oil
Ground black pepper
ounces cream cheese, softened
cup strong dark ale, such as Chimay (a Belgian beer)
teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Pinch cayenne pepper
10 inches packaged soft flatbreads
cups torn arugula
cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
slices crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- Peel and halve onions. Brush with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill onions on the rack of a covered charcoal or gas grill directly over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, just until charred and slightly softened, turning once halfway through grilling. Cool.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cream cheese, ale, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Chop two of the grilled onions; stir into cream cheese mixture. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Quarter the remaining two onions; set aside.
- Grill flatbreads on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp, turning once halfway through grilling. Transfer to a cutting board. Spread half the cream cheese mixture on each flatbread. Top with arugula, tomatoes, bacon, and quartered onions. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Onion Flatbread with Bacon and Arugula)
- Per serving:
- 230 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 32 mg chol.,
- 589 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet