Grilled Flank Steak Salad
- Prepare Cilantro Dressing. Cover and chill half of the Cilantro Dressing.
- Trim fat from steak. Score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour the remaining Cilantro Dressing over steak. Seal bag; turn to coat steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Lightly brush sweet peppers, corn, and green onions with oil.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill steak and corn on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 17 to 21 minutes or until steak is medium (160 degrees F) and corn is tender, turning steak once and turning corn occasionally. Add sweet peppers to the grill for the last 8 minutes of grilling and green onions for the last 4 minutes of grilling, turning frequently. Let steak stand 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak. Coarsely chop sweet peppers and green onions; cut corn from cobs.
- Divide arugula between two salad bowls. Place sliced steak, grilled vegetables, and tomatoes on arugula. Drizzle salads with the reserved half of the Cilantro Dressing.
From the Test Kitchen
- In a blender or small food processor combine lime juice, shallot, cilantro, olive oil, water, honey, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cumin. Cover and blend or process until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Flank Steak Salad)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 376 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet