Grilled Fish Sandwiches with Avocado Spread
avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
cup olive oil
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
3 ounces skinless, boneless salmon fillets
tablespoons butter, melted
teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper seasoning
onion buns, split
small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup
orange, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- For Avocado Spread, in a blender combine avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. water, mustard, and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth; set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Brush both sides with melted butter and sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grill salmon on the greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns, cut sides down, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Serve salmon on buns with Avocado Spread and fennel and orange slices.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, fish can be grilled on an indoor grill. For a covered indoor grill, cook for 2 to 3 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish. For a uncovered grill, cook 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness of fish, turning once.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Fish Sandwiches with Avocado Spread)
- Per serving:
- 668 kcal cal.,
- 39 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 21 g monounsatured fat),
- 77 mg chol.,
- 789 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet