Grilled Corn Salsa
- Coat corn with cooking spray. For a charcoal grill, grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 16 minutes or just until tender, turning frequently. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place corn on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Remove corn from grill. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs. (You should have about 2 cups kernels.)
- In large bowl combine corn kernels, sweet pepper, red onion, chile pepper, cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt, and black pepper. Cover and chill overnight.
- If desired, garnish with lime wedges. Tote salsa in an insulated cooler with ice packs. Serve with grilled or broiled meat, poultry, or seafood, or as a dip with fresh vegetables and/or tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
an insulated cooler with ice packs
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Corn Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 157 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
April Contreras Mitchell 1336 Days Ago
I made this over the weekend and we practically licked the bowl it was so delicious! I left out the red onion (because of my husband disliking it) but added everything else. I will be making this again, it was such a great salsa! And it tasted so fresh and light!