- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, the 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake well; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Peel back cornhusks but do not remove. Gently rinse corn and scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks. Spread butter over corn. Sprinkle with rosemary, the 1 teaspoon salt, and the 1 teaspoon black pepper. Fold husks back around corn and tie with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string or strips of husk.
- For a charcoal grill, grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 25 to 30 minutes or until corn kernels are tender, turning and rearranging ears occasionally. Add sweet peppers to grill the last 8 to 10 minutes of grilling, turning often to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place corn and sweet peppers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.). Cool corn for 30 minutes. Remove string; peel back husks. Cut kernels from cobs. Remove stems from sweet peppers and cut peppers into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine corn, peppers, cheese, and dressing; toss lightly to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, serve salad over a bed of romaine leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Remove husks and silk from corn. Cut kernels from cobs. In a large skillet cook corn kernels in the 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until corn is tender and golden brown, stirring often. Reduce heat as necessary to prevent corn from popping out of the skillet. Prepare salad as directed.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled-Corn Salad)
- Per serving:
- 260 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 138 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet