Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chile and Lime
large ears of corn, husks and silks removed
cup butter, melted
tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
tablespoons Mexican crema or sour cream
teaspoons finely shredded lime peel (set aside)
tablespoons lime juice
tablespoon ground ancho chile pepper
cup snipped fresh cilantro
Lime wedges (optional)
- Cut each ear of corn into thirds. In a large pot combine corn pieces and enough water to cover. Let soak for 10 minutes; drain. If desired, insert a wooden crafts stick into one end of each piece of corn.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large bowl whisk together melted butter, mayonnaise, crema, and lime juice; set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place corn on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium-high heat. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until corn is tender, turning every 5 minutes and brushing occasionally with butter mixture during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Add grilled corn to the remaining butter mixture in bowl, turning to coat. Sprinkle corn with ground ancho pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro and lime peel. Season to taste with salt. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chile and Lime)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 24 mg chol.,
- 231 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet