Grilled Banana Bites
- Split rolls in half horizontally, cutting the rolls three-fourths of the way through (like a hot dog bun). Spread the cut sides of each roll with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the chocolate pieces. Close each roll and wrap in foil.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Peel bananas; cut each banana crosswise into thirds. Coat banana pieces with butter and roll in brown sugar. Insert one skewer* into each banana piece. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place wrapped rolls on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium-low heat. Grill about 3 minutes or until warmed, turning once halfway through grilling. Place skewers with banana pieces on grill rack. Cover and grill about 3 minutes or until heated through, turning once or twice.
- To assemble, carefully unwrap rolls and insert a banana piece into each roll, removing skewer. If desired, top banana pieces with marshmallow creme.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Banana Bites)
- Per serving:
- 352 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 22 mg chol.,
- 215 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 29 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet