Grilled Balsamic-Marinated Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Basil-Spinach Dipping Sauce
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons of the oil, the shallot, 2 cloves garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket. Place basket in a Dutch oven over 1 inch of boiling water. Steam, covered, about 10 minutes or until tender. Immediately transfer Brussels sprouts to ice water to cool; drain. In a large bowl combine Brussels sprouts, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- For sauce, in a food processor combine basil, spinach, the 2 tablespoons water, yogurt, cheese, pine nuts, 1 clove garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Cover and process until smooth.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Thread Brussels sprouts, stem ends first, onto skewers,* leaving 1/4 inch between pieces.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place Brussels sprout skewers on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 2 minutes. Place chicken skewers on grill rack next to Brussels sprout skewers. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and sprouts are browned, turning skewers occasionally. Serve chicken and Brussels sprouts with sauce for dipping.
From the Test Kitchen
Grill Pan Directions:
Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray; heat pan over medium heat. Add skewers; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and Brussels sprouts are browned, turning once.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Balsamic-Marinated Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Basil-Spinach Dipping Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 333 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 97 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 41 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet