Green Tea Ice Cream
cups half-and-half or light cream
tablespoon matcha (100% natural powdered green tea)
cups whipping cream
Waffle or sugar cones
Creme filled rolled wafer cookies (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat 1 cup of the half-and-half just until it comes to a simmer; remove from heat. Stir in matcha. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together remaining half-and-half, the sugar, vanilla and salt until sugar dissolves. Stir whipping cream and matcha mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Cover with foil; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until partially frozen.
- Remove from freezer; break mixture into chunks and transfer to a chilled large bowl. Beat ice cream chunks with an electric mixer on low to medium-low speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Return mixture to the cold 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Serve in chilled bowls and, if you like, garnish with cookies.
Nutrition Facts(Green Tea Ice Cream)
- Per serving:
- 23 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 70 mg chol.,
- 83 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 25 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet