- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Prep: 20 mins
- Freeze: 3 hrs
Green Apple-Chardonnay Granita
cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
cup superfine sugar
cups chopped Granny Smith apples (2 medium)
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cups apple juice
Fresh sliced strawberries and/or sliced apples
- In a medium bowl stir together wine and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a food processor or blender combine apples, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of the apple juice. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, reserving apple liquid. Discard pulp. Add enough of the remaining apple juice to strained apple mixture to equal 2-1/2 cups. Stir in wine mixture.
- Transfer mixture to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy. Stir with a fork; freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours more or until set. Using a fork, scrape granita into flakes.
- Spoon granita into wineglasses and top with strawberries and/or apple slices.
Nutrition Facts (Green Apple-Chardonnay Granita)
- Per serving:
- 109 kcal cal.,
- 4 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet