Greek Yogurt and Cornflakes Tart
Ingredients Corn flake Crust
cups crushed corn flakes (about 5 cups whole flakes)
cup butter, melted
tablespoons packed brown sugar
envelope unflavored gelatin
cups plain Greek yogurt
small oranges or clementines or 2 medium oranges
cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl combine cornflakes, melted butter, and brown sugar. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 14x5x1-inch or 11x8x1-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-cup glass measure sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand several minutes to soften. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 20 seconds or until gelatin is dissolved, stirring twice. In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla; whisk in dissolved gelatin. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Peel oranges and very thinly slice. Remove and discard any seeds.
- Remove tart from pan; sprinkle any loose crust pieces on edges of tart. Arrange orange slices on tart. In a small saucepan, heat marmalade just until melted; brush or drizzle atop oranges. Cut crosswise to serve.
Nutrition Facts(Greek Yogurt and Cornflakes Tart)
- Per serving:
- 298 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 34 mg chol.,
- 224 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet