- Yields: 4 burgers
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 14 mins
Greek-Style Chicken Burgers
cup fine dry wheat bread crumbs
0.7 ounce envelope Italian salad dressing mix (5 teaspoons)
pound uncooked ground chicken or turkey
pita bread rounds, toasted, or 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
recipe Olive-Tomato Relish
cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- In a medium bowl beat egg white with a whisk; stir in bread crumbs, milk, and half of the dry salad dressing mix. Reserve remaining half of dry salad dressing mix for Olive-Tomato Relish. Add chicken; mix well. Shape chicken mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Serve the burgers on pita bread rounds with Olive-Tomato Relish and feta cheese.
tablespoons white wine vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
cup finely chopped tomato
cup finely chopped cucumber
cup cup finely chopped pitted Kalamata or ripe olives
- In a small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, and the remaining half of the dry salad dressing mix. Stir in tomato, cucumber, and olives.
Nutrition Facts (Greek-Style Chicken Burgers )
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 104 mg chol.,
- 1456 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet