Greek Stuffed Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork. Stir in bread crumbs, green olives, black olives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef and ground lamb; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Shape meat mixture into a ball around each cheese cube, being sure to completely enclose the cheese. Arrange meatballs in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Place meatballs in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Pour Greek Tomato Sauce over meatballs in slow cooker, gently tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with decorative toothpicks.
Greek Tomato Sauce
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, wine, oregano, and cinnamon. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Stuffed Meatballs)
- Per serving:
- 104 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 30 mg chol.,
- 448 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet