Greek Sloppy Joe Pitas
- In a large skillet cook ground lamb, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, beans, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, oregano, mint, salt, thyme, and marjoram.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to spoon meat mixture into pita bread halves. If desired, add desired toppers.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Sloppy Joe Pitas)
- Per serving:
- 307 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 448 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
jsbschaeffer 1176 Days Ago
Very yummy. I will definitely make again.
Mark Luebker 1591 Days Ago
May not be precisely the same one (or maybe it is), but a good-looking recipe for same here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/greek-sloppy-joe-pitas-217540/
AdamandJessi Cremers 1592 Days Ago
Yes. I would love to try it if the recipe would appear. We moved to a small town and cannot get the greek food we love as much as we used to!
Kathy Dorce 1592 Days Ago
This recipe does not appear but I would love to have it. Please fix this entry. Thank you.