- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 1 pork chop and about 3/4 cup couscous mixture each
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Greek Seasoned Pork with Lemon Couscous
teaspoons olive oil
cups coarsely chopped, unpeeled eggplant
1/2 inch thick boneless pork loin chops
teaspoon Greek seasoning
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
cup whole wheat couscous
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon bottled minced roasted garlic
cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat. Add eggplant and red onion; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from chops. Sprinkle chops with Greek seasoning. In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until just pink in center (145 degrees F), turning once. Remove from heat; let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and dried tomatoes to eggplant mixture. Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous, lemon peel, lemon juice, roasted garlic, and salt; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach. Divide couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with chops.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Seasoned Pork with Lemon Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 299 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 40 mg chol.,
- 562 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet