Greek Lamb Wraps
2 pound boneless lamb shoulder roast
teaspoons Greek seasoning
cup thinly sliced onion (1 medium)
cup lemon juice
cup light mayonnaise
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
large clove garlic, minced
7 inches flour tortillas
cups shredded fresh spinach
cups chopped cucumber (about 1 medium)
cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle Greek seasoning evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. Place onion in cooker. Top with meat and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic. Cover and chill until needed.
- Remove meat and onion from cooker. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds. If necessary, skim fat from cooking liquid. Return meat and onion to liquid in cooker; stir to moisten.
- For wraps, spread one side of each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon a scant 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup spinach, 3 tablespoons cucumber, 1 tablespoon tomato, and about 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up tortillas.
Nutrition Facts(Greek Lamb Wraps)
- Per serving:
- 323 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 78 mg chol.,
- 549 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet