Greek Chicken Salad
Feta can be a good source of calcium-the amount here is small, but getting at least some at every meal makes it easier to reach your daily goal.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Marinate: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Grill: 12 mins
Greek Chicken Salad
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
tablespoon lemon juice
tablespoon olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
medium cucumbers, seeded and coarsely chopped
medium red and/or yellow tomatoes, coarsely chopped
Mixed salad greens
cup bottled reduced-calorie creamy cucumber salad dressing
cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz.)
cup pitted Kalamata olives or ripe olives
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in shallow dish. For marinade, in small bowl combine lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate, refrigerated for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion; set aside.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; cut into bite-size pieces. Toss with cucumber mixture. Serve on salad greens. Drizzle with salad dressing. Sprinkle feta cheese and olives. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 331 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 95 mg chol.,
- 631 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 38 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBarbecue Chicken Recipes, Boneless Chicken, Boneless Chicken Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Chicken Recipes, Chicken Salad Recipes, Diabetic Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Greek Salad Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Marinades and Rubs, Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes