- Yields: 12 appetizer servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion slices; cook and stir about 20 minutes or until onions are very soft and tender, but not brown. Stir in honey or brown sugar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread one container of the hummus in the bottom of a 1-1/2-quart shallow oval or rectangular dish. Spoon onions evenly over hummus. Using a rubber spatula, flatten onion layer. Spread the remaining container of hummus evenly over the onion mixture.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon peel, and garlic. Spoon over hummus mixture; carefully spread to an even layer. Sprinkle with parsley and chives. If desired, cover and chill for up to 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, stand a few of the dippers in the dip to look like tombstones. Add pretzels to look like a gate and wall. Serve the remaining dippers with the dip. If desired, stand some celery stalks in one corner of the graveyard to resemble trees.
Nutrition Facts (Graveyard Dip)
- Per serving:
- 232 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 462 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet