Granola Garbage Sticks
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, butter, and peanut butter. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl stir together granola, sunflower kernels, soy nuts, almonds, and peanut butter pieces. Add brown sugar mixture to granola mixture; toss to combine. Immediately press granola mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Chill about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Place on cutting board; cut into 8x1-inch bars. Transfer bars to a sheet of waxed paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Place bars in bag; close bag.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Test Kitchen Tip
In place of the peanut-butter flavor, we like honey-flavor, maple-flavor, or other flavor granola. In place of the peanut butter pieces, try butterscotch flavor or white baking pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Granola Garbage Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 520 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 190 mg sodium,
- 69 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 51 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet