Granola Garbage Sticks
cup packed dark brown sugar
tablespoons creamy peanut butter
cups granola, large clusters broken up
cup dry roasted sunflower kernels
cup salted soy nuts
cup honey roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
cup peanut butter-flavored baking pieces
cup dark chocolate baking pieces, melted
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, butter, and peanut butter. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl stir together granola, sunflower kernels, soy nuts, almonds, and peanut butter pieces. Add brown sugar mixture to granola mixture; toss to combine. Immediately press granola mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Chill about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Place on cutting board; cut into 8x1-inch bars. Transfer bars to a sheet of waxed paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Place bars in bag; close bag.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Granola Garbage Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 520 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 12 mg chol.,
- 190 mg sodium,
- 69 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 51 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet